Tuesday, March 31, 2015

RAIN - A BIT, HANGING MY CREATIONS AND AN ART JOURNAL

Plans for going out today were squashed with the forecast of rain which did appear but not as bad as predicted!   So, I created...along with making appointments with my eye doctor...a long involved time consuming effort.  

First, let me show you my latest way to display my creations.   It involves a rod, command hangers and some curtain rings with pinchers...

Now I can revolve different creative efforts.   The cost?   Cheap.   Three command hangers which by the way can be recycled.   All you need is to pick up the adhesive strips.  A curtain rod and some ring type curtain hangers with pinchers.   Here's a close-up...


I decided to begin making an Art Journal.   First off, the cover...

I used the fabric scraps from the landscape, Mod Podge, a scissors and a piece of heavy weight watercolor paper.   I like using fabric because it gives the cover real strength.   It feels like leather.

Next, using lighter weight watercolor paper and acrylic paint, I had fun painting the backgrounds...








I told you that it was frustrating having to pull out everything to make multi media projects. Take a look at the area...

I really have to come up with a different system.

Here's the beginning of one of the pages...

I fell in love with the picture of the little girl.   It comes from a very old reading book.   Carefree really came to mind with I saw her...thus the title of the page.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...