Thursday, April 2, 2015

A BIT OF DECORATING AND ORGANIZING

There were three projects that I wanted to do to finish up the apartment:   Get a stand for the birds, foam pillows for the daybed and wall hanging organizers for craft resources.

The foam insert arrived yesterday and today I used some of my fleece to cover it...

I thought about getting two but decided to try one first.   I like it.   Now what I want to do is add about four or five large decorative pillows to the daybed and I'm done.

Next the bird stand.   My bird cage is large and finding a stand to handle it took a long time.   The stand came today and I put it together.   Unfortunately, it wasn't a very good design and it didn't even have all the right length screws (Thank goodness I keep a pretty well stocked hardware box!).  

To top that off, the shelf was bent.   I decided to keep it, though, as the only thing I will be putting on the shelf is the birdcage cover.   But to keep the shelf from falling out as it only sat in four holes, I had to add plastic zip ties.   I only had white ones on hand.   Think when I am out and about I will get a small package of black ones.

Finally, I told you about my idea of having my craft supplies more easily available by using wall hanging organizers.   Well, I put my first row up this evening...

A long curtain rod - not extended to give it more support - command hangers, s-hooks and some very inexpensive baskets.   I plan on putting up another row or two of this size baskets and then a row of larger baskets.   This is working out great!

Well, tomorrow's forecast is for rain once again!  (At least it's not snow!!!) So, I may stay home and finish up my organizing.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...