Monday, March 23, 2015

WELL, YES, IT REALLY DID SNOW LAST FRIDAY, THANK YOU VERY MUCH and AN UPDATE ON MY LANDSCAPE

I had places to go and people to see on Saturday and this is what greeted me outside...


The pictures don't really do it justice.   It really was a winter wonderland, all dressed up in white.   It reminded me of the (very old) King Arthur movie with Vanessa Redgrave and Richard Burton (told you it was old!).   In that movie, they created a sort of wonderland by make glass trees!  Mother Nature provided a more beautiful scene...just a bit unnerving since Spring was about to be sprung!

I worked on the landscape this weekend and finished up the details on the buildings...





I combined small pieces of fabric with fabric markers to finish detailing the buildings.   This is the entire landscape so far...

Next up is the roads and lots more trees, a snowman or two, fencing by the barn, animals and, of course some folks.  The snow on the buildings is really the back of various fabrics.   Snow is usually only pristine white right after a snowfall.   Then it gets a bit 'dirty'.   So I wanted to add that element to the snow.

I am making lots of plans for this week including a visit to a couple art shows, lunch out on two days and a free day to walk around a new neighborhood.   Today was not great outside...a bit cold...didn't get out of the 30's.   The rest of the week is forecast to be warmer but those forecasts change at the drop of a hat!

The pets are doing fine.  Chip and Dale and Linus and Lucy have come to terms with each other.   Unless Lucy is raising a fuss, the cats aren't interested one bit, neither is Linus!

I made chili this weekend using my mini crockpot.   I was curious if it would work as well as a large crockpot (which I no longer have).   And it worked great.   So plans to purchase a larger one have been discarded.   I don't need one.   Next up - beef barley soup.

There's a new prompt posted.   Sums up the way I feel most days now!

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...