Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A MINI JOURNAL

Today was just wonderful.   I had several errands to run and the weather was so warm, jeans and a tee-shirt were just right.  

As promised, my mini journal...
This journal is not a finished journal but one for someone to enjoy creating different pages.

I used a variety of supplies...
Chalks, paints, daubers, markers, stamps, gold leaf, medium gel and unlined index cards.   I folded the cards in half first and creased them well.   As the cards were light weight, I first covered each card, both sides, with a gel medium.

After they were dry, I played with them, creating different pages.   Here is a sampling...













Once all the pages were complete, I put them in order and using clips, I secured the folded edges.   Using thick tacky glue, I applied a good deal over the folded edges - spine - about 1/4 inch thick - and let it dry overnight to make sure the glue was completely dry...

I used the side of a tissue box to make the cover, measuring it to be a bit longer and wider, including the spine.   After cutting and creasing the two folds (around the spine) I used a decorative paper to cover it.   

To attach the pages to the cover, I used the same thick tacky glue, applying it to the spine of the cover...

Again, using clips, I let the journal dry completely...

Once the pages were connected to the cover on the spine, I glued the first page which was plain to the inside of the front cover and the last page, again plain, to the inside of the back cover.   

And that is how I made my mini-journal...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...