Monday, May 4, 2015

WALKING AROUND BROOKLYN, AN ALTERED SHIRT & A MINI JOURNAL PREVIEW

May day slipped right by me.   How about you?  Did you ever give out May Day Baskets?   I used to give them when I was younger - elementary school - anonymously to friends, teachers and family.

I'd make the 'baskets' out of construction paper, cone shaped with a ribbon for the handle.   I'd fill the baskets with candy, baked goods or flowers.   Then I would hang them on the doorknob, ring the bell, and run away.  Ah, sweet memories!

I did manage to alter one of the shirts.   Turned out that the shirt was much larger than I thought.   Or, I really have lost more weight which would be nice.  So, I gathered the sleeves a bit.  

With the addition of a nice scarf and necklace, this will be a great outfit to wear to a bit more dressy affair...
What do you think?

Are you familiar with the blog Daisy Yellow?  If not, you may want to check it out.   There are a lot of free tutorials, prompts and challenges.   I have been enjoying her "Draw Your Words" lessons and ideas.   I've even been incorporating them in my art journaling.  And,  I like the results very much.

Another free lesson series from Strathmore began today.   The title is Expressive Acrylic Painting. As I said, the lessons are free and you go at your own speed.

This past weekend, I walked around Brooklyn including the Promenade Park which is above the BQE (that's the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway).   The pictures were taken with my phone.   Next time, I will have to bring my camera.  

Lower Manhattan...


Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island and sailboats...

Governor's Island...

The Brooklyn Bridge...

The Staten Island Ferry...

I had a wonderful brunch at The Ugly Ducking Cafe, 166 Smith Street, Brooklyn.   If you're in the area, check it out, you will not be disappointed.  The very tall windowed wall on the sidewalk opens up completely bringing in fresh air.   And the chefs really know what they are doing.

I finished the mini journal this weekend.   I'll share one picture but later this week, I'll share the pages. I love creating small journals for others to use.   I think I will make several for presents for my friends...


So, do you have any plans for May?   As a matter of fact, can you believe that it is already May?  I can't. I do have ideas for May which I will share with you later.   One project that I want to begin is to increase my Pinterest site and use several boards.

There's a new monthly thought posted as well as this week's journal prompt.   I always think of spring as a time to simplify.  What about you?

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...