Wednesday, April 29, 2015

ART JOURNAL, FABRIC LANDSCAPE and GREEN!!!

Good evening, folks!   Hope your day was great.   It was actually warm here...the first day that my sweatshirt may have been too warm if I was outside in the sun!   The kitties took advantage of the sunny, warm day and did what they do best...
SLEEP!!!

I did finish the Art Journal Booklet.   Remember, this is for someone else to fill in with prompts on each page.   Here is the finished book...








I am enjoying my journey of creativity with Art Journal Books.   Each one gets a bit better than the previous as I try new techniques and resources.  

I am also working on the fabric landscape.   I thought I would share some pictures of the way I outlined the features on the houses...




I didn't sew around the outside edges because I will be doing that when I attach the houses to the background fabric.  Some of these windows are very small...half inch by quarter inch.   As I said, small!

I could swear that there were no leaves on the tree outside my window yesterday.   Look at it today...

I must have missed something somewhere but it sure is nice to see some green.   It's about the only green I will see from my windows.   As I have said before, not much to look at, but walk out the door and it's all beautiful.   Also, being in this area means I barely hear the traffic from the Belt Parkway which is always busy.

Tomorrow, the Bronx for lunch.   And if I can get out the door early enough, I may track down the one remaining mystery bookstore in Manhattan...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...