Wednesday, May 27, 2015

FABRIC BOUQUET WORK IN PROCESS

Today was a beautiful day...breezy, lightly cloudy, high about 79 degrees, although a bit humid.   Possible rain/storms in the forecast.

A lot of folks around me had their air conditioners on...I simply opened up my windows and added my tower floor fans on low.  

The birds love the open windows because they hear the birds outside and chatter away.   Makes me a bit crazy when they don't stop, but if they are enjoying it no way would I stop them.

My sunburn is getting better.   Still feels a bit tight but that's all.   It only hurts if I bump into something.

I did work on the flower bouquet today.   It was a bit frustrating because my plans were to place the flowers on top of each other like the previous examples...


Once I began placing the flowers, I just could not make it work.   So, after several attempts, I decided to try and leave a space between the flowers.   It didn't work out immediately but I finally came up with a design I liked...

The background reads a bit more purple than the photo shows.   One reason I like this design is that it will be easier to quilt around and on the flowers.   (Remember, one of the reasons for the landscape and the bouquet is to practice quilting with my new sewing machine.)

Can you believe that it is almost the end of May.   My goodness, at this rate, summer will be only a couple days long.   Guess I have to be a bit more attentive...more present to each moment.

So have you considered the question in this week's journal prompt?   Do you like the answer you're coming up with?   I certainly don't recommend getting rid of things that you like or that bring you joy but stop and consider all those things that don't quite fit into your ideal.   Wouldn't it be nice not to have to deal with them.   If nothing else, it would give you space for the things that you really enjoy.

When I was at the beach on Memorial Day, I saw something I had not really seen before.   A zero-gravity recliner in an outside furniture style which is a lot cheaper than a regular recliner.   I have to say that I do miss my recliner which is in Duchess (my travel trailer).  

After checking out several of them, I have decided to purchase a recliner meant for outside furniture for my apartment.   I already have a very comfortable rocking chair meant for outdoor furniture.  The good thing is that if I don't like it, I can always fold it up and use it only when needed.   But as much as I love recliners, I think I will probably use it.

That's all for today...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...