Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A WILD COUPLE OF DAYS

So, how was your Memorial Day Weekend?   I am not sure if I have ever been so busy - from Thursday thru Monday.  I think it's taken the whole day for my body to catch up with my mind...or is it the other way around?

Friday, I walked all over Manhattan from Time's Square..

...all the way down to Lower Manhattan including the Flatiron District...
...recognize the building above?

Spent Memorial Day at the beach in Far Rockaway (yes, once again, it is in New York City).   When I arrived and set up, there weren't too many folks around...

By early afternoon quite a few folks joined me..

I managed to get a sunburn.   I have never, ever gotten a sunburn before.   I wonder if age has anything to do with that.   Guess I now have to have sunscreen with me.    By the way, my legs did look like a lobster - after boiling!!!   They are still quite tender.

One of the things I had fun with at the beach was watercolor.   I'm not good at using watercolor by any stretch of the imagination.  For proof, check out my pictures...


I also found a new to me seafood restaurant.   It's called the Reel and there's an outside venue as well as inside one.   It's on a waterway...

With some interesting birds...

Today I walked about four miles - by the water watching ships coming in and going out of the harbor. My goal is to walk five miles a day again, five days a week and then whatever on the weekend.   I was doing that once, but kind of fell out of the routine.   Need to get back into it.   I always feel better when I exercise.   What about you?   Do you exercise regularly?

There's a new journal prompt posted...it's a very interesting question.   At one time in my life, I really do think that my things owned me.   Still think that with some of my holiday decorations.   This is the year that they will be really pared down to a sensible amount.   But that's for another post.

Hope you're doing well...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...