Wednesday, May 20, 2015

LANDSCAPE READY TO QUILT

I looked at my tv this afternoon and realized that I haven't turned it on in over a week.   Don't get me wrong, I have watched a few Netflix shows and some CBS shows on my iPhone and The Quilt Show on my computer.   But I really don't watch on my tv which by most standards is very small...19 inch!

I heard a report today about the younger generation and their entertainment and communication decisions.   Most do not have a landline - neither do I.   Most do not have a tv - I do but rarely watch it. Does that mean I'm getting younger????? Can you hear me laughing?   My cats can!

Speaking of Netflix, have you watched the 'Grace and Frankie Show' (on Netflix)?   It stars Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen.   It's a great show and I recommend that you check it out. Not only are there laugh out loud lines, the shows deal with very pertinent topics especially for the older set of folks (like me!).

So, I found some fabric in my stash to back my landscape.  Not sure what I was thinking when I purchased it eons ago, but it works for a back.   I have the batting sandwiched between and pinned the whole thing.   Next up...quilting...
I haven't quilted with this machine yet and I'm looking forward to having fun with it.

I also cut out more flowers for my next fabric picture...
I have some more small blue and white flowers yet to cut out.   Next I'll pick out the background. Remember, I am going with a dark rather than a light background.   Once I have the background, then I will decide on the fabric for the vase.

And, I have been crocheting...
Nothing big, just a small container.   I crocheted seven rows of peach single crochet, one row of green single crochet, next a row of triple crochet followed by another row of single crochet in green and then four rows of single crochet in peach.   The last row is again single crochet but with three chains in between each single crochet.

I like to use single crochet when I am making a container because it makes the piece more solid.   I added the triple crochet so I can string some ribbon through it for a decorative touch.   I'll share a picture when I'm done.

Tomorrow the Bronx for lunch and then I think I will walk in Central Park.
Thanks for checking things out...
Talk to you tomorrow...