Monday, May 11, 2015

HUMIDITY, DECISIONS and A FEW OTHER THINGS...

HUMID!   It's humid!   Really humid!   Do you want to know how humid it is?   When I moved in I put up all my stuff on the walls with Command Strips.   It worked well for several months.   And I have had no problems in any weather with the Command Strips in Duchess (my trailer).

Well, sometime during the night I heard a crash.   Thinking it was outside, or upstairs, or next door, I went back to sleep only to be awakened again with another crash.   Okay, I thought, this may be in the apartment.   It was.   Pictures falling off the wall.   And some of my multi-media resources.

This is not good, I thought, but I can't really deal with it now.   So, I took everything off the walls and went back to bed.   Today, I rehung everything but with the addition of nails.   I only used nails for the single pictures.

But for all the stuff which needed Command Strips (because they could hang curtain rods), first I drilled a hole in the top of the Command Strip and then I added a nail to secure. This took most of the day, but I did finish it and tonight there should be no crashes.

BUSY WEEKEND...
Family visited this past weekend and we packed it full from walking the entire length of Central Park and then over to Time's Square, to meals at several great restaurants.   (Blue Smoke - 116 east 27th - is a great BBQ place which I hardily recommend) to a tour of the kitchen in the Bronx and lots more.

SPRUCING UP FOR SPRING...
In an effort to change things up a bit for spring, I put out some of my favorite things.   The last Precious Moments my husband gave to me.   I should have known something was in the wind because we moved shortly afterwards...

To my favorite bunnies...

To the first pair of statues that my husband and I bought...

To my favorite Gnome musical statues...

DECISIONS...
There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.   It's an interesting statement and one which most of us find ourselves in - way too many options.   Stop and think.   If you have cable there are hundreds of channels to choose from.   Eating out?   If you are close to an urban or suburban area, I bet you'll find tons of restaurants to choose from.   Electronics?   Emails?   Clothes shopping?  Recreational activities? The decisions we have to make daily is astronomical compared to our parents and grandparents.   Way too many options.

The simple living movement has made note of this phenomenon but how does one really go about paring down the decisions we all must make.   It's easy to make a list of ten ways to simplify your life but do any of these really cut down on the decisions one must make.   Probably not.

And in most cases, you can't just simply say you're not making a decision.   Think channel surfing. Of course, you could get rid of cable which is what I did except for over the air channels. But there are still lots of decisions to make in one's life.   I guess each of us will have to muddle through the best we can.   And maybe, if we simplify in other parts of our lives, there will be fewer decisions to make. One can hope...

Thanks for dropping in...
Hope your weekend and Mother's Day was fantastic...
Talk to you tomorrow...