Monday, June 22, 2015

SUMMER HAS ARRIVED...

Does this mean that the days are going to get shorter now?   Even though I have barely been able to think about much less do anything about 'summer'?

Well, I am getting ready to embark on a trip...leaving Friday to pick up Duchess and get her checked out...and then...but wait...Lady J is back in the shop!   What?   Again!

Well, it all begin when we put her through her paces last Saturday.   450 miles, yep.   450 miles!   We had to stop only once in Jersey to get gas...and if you have ever been to Jersey you know you can not pump your own gas.

Things were purring along until we got back to New York City.   And let me tell you, someone put a hex on the traffic.   I have never driven in the city when everything was shut down.   BQE packed, take the side streets...not this time.   The side streets were grid locked.

At any rate, Lady J began acting up.   I guess no one really liked the traffic.   But she was getting downright ornery.   We made it back to my apartment and began looking around.   Guess what?   The gas attendant in Jersey didn't bother to put the gas cap back on...he only laid it in the compartment!!!

Do you know what that does to a car?  Well, don't feel bad, I didn't either.   I do now.  Hopefully the car will be ready by tomorrow which means I get to figure out how to get to the shop in Bushwick via the subway (Too cheap to pay a cab!!!).

The trick will be when I get back to my place and look for a parking space.   They are rare in this area.   And this will be the first time I have had Lady J here.   Mostly, she has been with one of my sons at his place.  And I really can't parallel park unless one of my friends is in the back seat telling me when to go forward, backward, turn the wheels...you get the idea.  

Wish me luck on both accounts - finding a parking spot and then being able to park.   Who says you can't teach old folks new tricks...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...(being positive!)

Oh, and to make it just a little bit more wild, I have dinner and a party to go to in Manhattan in the late afternoon and evening.   Thank god for driving directions!!!   I haven't got this town down yet...and I probably never will.

So, son number two finally got approval on an apartment near me.   It took a while.   Only yesterday did we find out that it was really a co-op which meant more than one approval board.   Son number three will be staying at my apartment to take care of Chip and Dale and the Tweety birds - Linus and Lucy.

The next few days I will be packing for the trip.   Posting may be a bit sporadic but I will try and let you in on the comings and goings...

Thanks for visiting...
New prompt posted...
Talk to you tomorrow...