Tuesday, July 21, 2015

WILDLIFE AND INTERESTING SHAPED TREES

Our campsite was actually in Estes Park, Colorado less than a mile from the Rocky Mountain National Park.   We did have a lot of wildlife though.   This photo was taken literally behind our trailers...

And, although I didn't get a picture of it, there was a brown bear that roamed the area.   Many in our party saw it...thank goodness it was more afraid of us than the other way around.

The Park has had an infestation of insects which is destroying the trees.   (Reminds me of the time I went to see Mount Rushmore in Rapid City, South Dakota...again the trees were being destroyed.) The fallen trees left some interesting shapes.   I took several pictures in black and white to show off the interesting designs...





I look at these shapes and get excited about how I can utilize the designs in my doodles.   Guess it doesn't take much to inspire me!!!  Think I will get out the doodle case which I made for travel...remember this?

I'll share my doodles with you later this week.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...
Hope your enjoying your summer...