Thursday, September 17, 2015

BREAD! BREAD? YES, BREAD!!!

Do you ever get an idea in your head and can't quite shake loose of it until you try it?   Well, that's what happened to me today.   Bread!   Yes, I wanted to make some bread.   Not in a bread machine but the regular, old-fashioned way.   So, I did...

I didn't even pull out a mixer, I just used my industrial size whisk!   So, this is what it looked like after mixing together and kneading for ten minutes...

And after the first rise...

This is what I used to cover it...

One of my grandma's embroidered tea towels.   (It's very old.)  And yes, she washed on Monday and ironed on Tuesday.

And here's a picture of the final product...

I really don't buy bread from the grocery store...even the bakery...and now I know why.   This is so much better.   A great crusty, dense bread.   I will have to do this more often.   It really takes very little time, and the result is literally mouth-watering.

I did get other things done...like finishing the winter scene.   Well, not finished because now I will be adding small features like people and animals.   But it looks great with all the buildings and trees appliqued on...

I also tried something else.   No, not the Eye Candy Quilts but an ornament.   I found this on You Tube.   It's called the 'No Sew' Quilted Christmas Ornament by Shabby Fabrics.   It looked very easy to make AND very striking.

I have to say that it is easy to make so far...

Of course, I am only beginning but I like the results.   You may want to check it out if you're looking for ideas for the holidays.   All you need is small amounts of three different fabrics, pins and a styrofoam ball.  

There's a football game tonight in case you're interested.

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...