Friday, September 18, 2015

CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT

Yes, I know it's a bit early, but like I said in yesterday's post, I tried making an ornament I saw on You Tube:  'No Sew' Quilted Christmas Ornament by Shabby Fabrics.   This is what the ornament looked like...

And this is the finished ornament...



It was very easy but pushing the pins in was a bit hard on the fingers.   I wound up pushing the pins in a partially and then using the worktable to push in them in all the way which worked out nicely because then the pins did not stick out at all.

It does take a lot of pins so I used sequin pins, not regular straight pins used for sewing.   The sequin pins are much cheaper.   I also used a compact styrofoam ball, not a regular styrofoam ball.   I think it would work well with either, though.   

I did add large rickrack to dress up the area when the two sections meet.   One thing I have to say is that it really is beautiful.   If you're interested, check out the You Tube video on how to make it.

Today was car moving day...so I went and picked up a few groceries and while out I found these packages of large leaves on sale for a buck.   I thought they would dress up my design wall...

THINK FALL!!!

Well, I'm looking forward to cool weather and lots of football this weekend beginning this evening. Yes, I like both college and pro.   Like I said, I am a football nut as my friends and family will attest.

I hope your weekend is fantastic.   On Monday, I'll update my fall goals and let you know how I'm coming.   Maybe your can work on your's this weekend...at least think about it.   But above all, please enjoy your weekend.

Thanks for coming by...
Talk to you on Monday...