Tuesday, September 15, 2015

INSPIRATION...

I was in Manhattan today and realized that I really need to look at all the details of the old buildings. There's so much more personality to me in those buildings than the ticky-tacky 'modern' building. That's probably why I like older homes with all their nooks and crannies.  

At any rate, I plan on taking note of at least two buildings each time I am out and about.   And here are the two I took today...


And here's one of my favorite views from Central Park...

So, back all that inspiration I came away with from the quilt meeting, I have been working today - after getting home from Manhattan - on my winter piece...

I have machine appliqued about half of it unto the background.   It's looking really nice.

I may have to rearrange my living area again.   After sitting in the wingback using the new footstool, I realized how extremely comfortable it was.  And because the footstool is so big, it can be shared with both wingback chairs.  Now, I'm trying to figure out a new arrangement.

How are you doing with your fall new beginnings?    I think I have finished with the fall decorating.   Even better, I like the results.   So, one thing accomplished.  I can't join the group at the local library because they are no longer meeting, but I did join the Empire's Quilt Guild...I think that's an even exchange, so that makes two things accomplished.

I have been working on my book of meditations and I have walked a lot...one does that around here!! My bike is finally ready so I plan on taking it out this week.   Still working on GIMP also.    All-in-all, I'm happy with how things are going right now.   I hope you are too.

Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...