Monday, September 14, 2015

How was your weekend?   I hope you had a really enjoyable time.   My weekend was busy, relaxing and inspiring.

Saturday, I attended my first meeting of the Empire Quilters Guild.   Wow!   The place was full.   I'm not great at crowd estimates but I would venture that there were between 150 - 200 folks in attendance.

Besides the regular business, they had a guest speaker - Melody Crust - who talked about quilting ideas.   Actually, I am not a great quilter.   Toppers I am good at -actually making the quilt top - but I do not really enjoyed quilting.

I did get some very interesting pointers and ideas for quilting which I can't wait to employ.   She had a trunk show with some intriguing ideas about incorporating old doilies in quilts.   And, she wrote a book called EYE CANDY QUILTS with lots of embellishment ideas which was on sale really cheap...and, of course, I snapped one up.

There were other things like scrap tables, old quilt magazines for sale (5/$1) and show and tell.   These are a bunch of inspired and inspiring folks.   I came home with so many ideas that I can't wait to begin.   My problem is that I want to begin all of them at once!   Do you ever get so inspired that you want to do everything - all at once?

Today, I went thrift shop shopping.   The major item I'm looking for is a table with chairs.   I really want a table with drop leafs on both sides.   I did find a few.   Two were too wobbly.   Another was sold only with the chairs which I did not like.  

I was successful in finding a secretary chair for my desk, an occasional table, a couple baskets and a large ottoman.   All items really cheap...my type of shopping.

After shopping, I did finish fall decorating.   It took a bit to figure out where I packed my fall wall hanging, but I finally found them and hung them above the sofa/bed.

So this is the living room...


Oh, and remember I told you that I put my fabric in cubes and stacked them on the floor.   Then I found some shelves that fit perfectly.   So, here's the fabric which wound up on a couple large containers...

And here's the fabric on the shelves...


I'm not finished reorganizing my space so these shelves will probably be moved.   Remember, change is the spice of life...

There's a new journal prompt posted...
Football tonight...a double header!!!

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow