Monday, September 28, 2015

QUILTERS TAKE MANHATTAN

What a weekend!   The Quilters Take Manhattan Event was just great. Lots of information.  Lots of inspiration.  Lots of interesting quilters. Lots of fun.


I'm really happy that I went to this event AND I plan on attending again next year.   On Friday, I took a workshop led by Jamie Fingal.   Jamie calls herself a 'rebel' quilter because she doesn't follow any of the rules.   The workshop - Zen Stitching - was basically playing with color and large stitches.

Jamie has a line of wild fabric plus a coloring book of her Zen Stitching Creations.

This is what I managed to create during the workshop...

I even managed to get some stitching done after designing my twelve inch block.   Today, I decided to take off the top layers and stitch down the bottom layer...

Next, I'll add the top layers plus embellishments that I found in my stash.   This really is quick and fun.   And the stitching which is done with two strands of embroidery thread does put me in a Zen like state.

There were many quilting 'celebrities' in attendance speaking, demonstrating, leading workshops or showing their creations.  Also, a very nice goody bag including a coupon for a free online class, a scissors bag, large sample packet of Misty Fuse, cloth carry-all bag (in addition to the goody bag).

Besides all the fabric in the goody bag, I did pick up a few fabric packs...

There was also a fantastic silent auction table as well as a great raffle table.   And I mean great.   Some of the items included a Fabric Cutter plus dies and fabric, a basket of fabric, an library of quilt books, major cutting tools along with fabric, collections of thread, etc., etc., etc.   There were about twenty items at each table.  (No, I didn't win anything...)

There was an exhibit of small quilts with the theme of 'Animals We Love'.   Here are a couple...



I'll share some more about the event tomorrow.   Stay tuned the hear about Ricky Tims, Jodie Davis and Victoria Findlay Wolfe...

On another subject, I managed to finish sewing up lots more of the 'Eye Candy Quilts' for the holidays...

Now I can begin having fun embellishing these little cuties...

So, September is fast closing to an end.   I can hardly believe that it's almost gone.   How are you coming with your Fall New Beginnings?   Have you been 'nesting'?   It's supposed to rain and turn cold tomorrow, that always makes me want to enjoy the warmth of my home.   I'm even planning to make some soup tomorrow.

There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.

Thanks for dropping by...
I'd love to share a cup of coffee with you, along with some homemade cookies...
Football this evening...Green Bay Packers are going great...
Talk to you tomorrow...