Monday, October 12, 2015

EMPIRE QUILTERS, DETAILS AND OPEN DOORS

I did make it to the Empire Quilters Meeting on Saturday and it was a hoot.   I love Linda Hahn and her presentation.   She's from Jersey so you can just imagine what she's like.   Gotta love her...

She shared with us her experience publishing her books.   It was quite an adventure to say the least.   I really didn't know that the author had to provide everything - EVERYTHING - along with detailed descriptions of how the pictures were to be taken as well as provide everything in the picture.

Here are some of her quilts...




On the way to the meeting, I took this picture of an architectural detail...on 28th street in the flower district...

And I love stained glass windows.   There are several in the church where we meet...

So, we are almost at the midpoint of October.   It does go fast doesn't it?   Halloween, Thanksgiving and then a fast slide into Christmas and New Year's.   There are times when I wish our holidays were spread out a bit.   It seems like we just finish with one and the next one is upon us!!!

There's a new weekly journal prompt posted.   It's a bit different but still about change.   It does say it all...every door can be opened for you but you still have to be the one to walk through!!

I know folks who want to do something different, to change the direction their lives are going but absolutely refuse to walk through that door that would get them on their way.  

Do you hesitate when a door, an opportunity, presents itself to you? There are times when I do.   Sometimes because I'm comfortable where I am.   Sometimes because I'm not sure what will happen and I'm just plain scared to try it.   Sometimes because I procrastinate too long and the door closes.

I have a suggestion.  This week, when a door, an opportunity, opens up take a peek.   It may be just what you want.   And if it isn't you don't have to walk through it, you can close it yourself.   But be sure to at least look to see what's there.  

Football tonight!!!
Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...