Tuesday, October 13, 2015

THE INK PAD and TEA AND SYMPATHY

What a fun adventure I had today.   And I got in some exercise...just shy of five miles of walking once again.   And lots of stairways climbed.   I think it was three every time I left the subway.   So my aim today was to visit a couple places.   The Ink Pad and Tea and Sympathy.

On the way to the Ink Pad which is on 7th Avenue between 13 and 14th Streets, I ran into a couple places that surprised me.   First of all, a Seven Eleven Store on 14th.   I have to be honest, I was really astonished about that one.

Second was a Goodwill Store.   That didn't surprise me as much but still I was taken aback a bit.   But not enough to skip checking it out. It is a very nice but small store with mostly clothing and a few household items.   Of course, I had to check out the books and I found some English Mysteries...
I wasn't familiar with any of them so I picked up four paperbacks.   They cost a bit more than most Goodwill Stores ($1.99) but considering the rent that this store is paying, I thought it was a bargain.

Continuing on my walk to the Ink Pad, I ran across this church...

I also found this architectural detail on a Chase Bank...
I love that design.   And there were several down the side of the building.

When I arrived at the Ink Pad...
I was surprised at how small it was.   When I got inside, I realized that the public space wasn't even as large as my apartment.   But let me tell you, I have never seen so much crammed into a small space so neatly organized...




And they had a sale on their unmounted stamps so I purchased a Seth Apter set of stamps as well as a book which was also on sale...

Once I left the store, I headed over to Tea and Sympathy, a British Tea House on Greenwich Avenue. If you have never been to NYC, you might be surprised at how fast an area can change.   But the atmosphere changed dramatically in those two blocks I walked from 7th Avenue to the Village.   It really is something.   I found Tea and Sympathy...
...and it is tiny, tiny, tiny!!!   They serve both high tea, cream tea which is what I had, plus British fare lunch and dinner.

As I said, I had the cream tea which was a pot of tea - I chose Vanilla Mint - plus a couple scones which were excellent and clotted cream and jam.  They use loose leaf tea.   I always forget how much better tea is that way...at least I think so.   The Vanilla Mint was refreshing and sweet enough without sugar.
There is also a store next door with British foods and teas if your in a mind to do a bit of extra shopping

So, after my adventure, I walked into my apartment and found my two guard kitties falling down on the job...
But, I guess at their age, they can retire a bit from guard duty and just relax.   They'd do it whether I wanted them to or not so why fight it.

I see that I am a bit late in publishing this...I watched the Democratic Debate...maybe tomorrow I can be a bit more timely.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...