Tuesday, October 6, 2015

MORNING ROUTINES AND CANDY CORN

It was a lot warmer out than I thought it would be today.   I walked to the store to pick up 'dried green split peas' and believe it or not, the Goya products were out and there were only two packages in the regular dried bean/pea area.   Everyone must have decided to make pea soup...OR...no one does and they just don't stock the peas.

At any rate, I have mine and tomorrow I plan on putting on a pot of soup.  Today I made a macaroni salad to go with the leftover chili.  I tried the ranch bacon dressing with regular mayo...about half and half.   Love that taste.

I didn't make it to the restaurant opening today because there was a question whether it would going to be open or not.  It was on a limited basis but the next two days they will be open completely.   So, I am back to my Thursday routine of visiting the Bronx for lunch.

I did begin working on the Eye Candy Holiday Tiny Quilts.   I decided to do a bit of hand quilting first.   Outlining the various features like peacocks, snowflakes, etc. first and then adding beads.   I'm using Sulky clear thread which I like because it doesn't detract from the features.  

I also did do a bit of crocheting today...

There are tons of patterns for these all over the web.   Just Google crocheted candy corn.   I made up my own pattern.   I think I will put them on a wreath and hang them on the front door.   I have plenty of fall silk flowers leftover so all I need is a round shape.   I was going to use the old wire hanger trick until I realized I only had plastic hangers. Wow! That was an interesting find! I used to only have wire ones. Wonder when that happened?

So, back to simple, small changes.   I have one I need to get back to...routine.   At least my morning routine.   I have quite simply slipped out of doing it and I realize that it is something I need to do to jumpstart my morning.   Do you have a routine that works for you?

My routine is really basic.   First weigh myself.   Yes, I do that everyday first thing.   That's the only way I have found to keep myself on track.  Then feed the boys.   If I don't they will pester me until I do so I might as well get it over with.

Next, fix myself a cuppa - either tea or coffee.   Then read my two morning meditations.   One is from Simple Abundance:   The Daybook of Comfort and Joy by Sarah Ban Breathnach and the other is The Woman's Book of Courage by Sue Patton Thoele.   Actually, I have a few others that I use also like The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo and A New Harmony by J Philip Newell.

Finally, I spend about twenty minutes in a yoga type meditation using my favorite phone app Living In Love

Then I am ready and eager to enjoy the day.   There's a lot more to my day but this routine gets me going.   I have one more routine that I need to get back to also, but I'll discuss that tomorrow.

Hope wherever you are that things are going well for you...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...

PS.   My trip to pick up my stuff is back on...just a week later...unless something else comes up!!!