Tuesday, October 20, 2015

STOPPING TO SMELL THE ROSE...

Well, I had a bit of a treat last night.   I don't have regular cable, only over the air stations and the internet so I was planning on listening to the Monday Night Game - no ESPN.   But, because a local team was playing it was broadcast over the air. Like I said an unexpected treat.

Today, I worked on the apartment.   I managed to get the shelves all moved and in place.   The kitchen shelves are basically done.   The shelf in the studio area is also done...basically fabric.   The three shelves in the hallway are in place but right now, I have only put on studio items.

Once the rest of the furniture gets here AND my youngest son moves out I will have plenty of space in the large closet to place studio items that I don't need within immediate reach.   Things like extra art pads, special tools, paper, etc.   So, it will be a few weeks before I can get things completely done but I have a good start.   Hopefully, tomorrow the place will be organized a lot more.   There's still stuff all over.

When I walked today, I stopped and smelled a beautiful rose.   The owner told me that I could cut it and take it home.  I thanked him but declined saying it was better to let others see it...
The smell was so sweet, it reminded me of the wild roses that grew by my grandma's home in a small town in Minnesota...Ogilvie.

Have you ever made parallel marks on paper.   A way to loosen up and just feel comfortable making marks.   I tried it yesterday and found it fun...
The results are interesting.   I just began in one corner, in this case the top left, and worked to the diagonal corner, the bottom right, continuing to fill up space.  I think I can work with this concept creating some unique designs.   Give it a try even if you think you can't draw. There's no right or wrong way so no pressure.   Basically just making marks.   And notice that the parallel lines are not perfect, just close.

Dale is becoming a snuggly kitty lately...
...think it might be because of the disarray in the apartment.

I was in the mood to cook tonight so I made some meatballs and cheesy potatoes along with a green salad.   I love meatballs like my grandma used to make with lots of big chunks of onions and bread. A bit different than most meatballs.

Well, that's it for now...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow