Friday, November 27, 2015

PARADE BALLOONS

Well, I did make it to see the balloons being blown up for the Macy's Day Thanksgiving Parade.   I think it may have been more crowded than the parade, at least in the immediate proximity.   In other words, there were tons of folks.  

We had to gain entrance first which was a feat in itself including lots of long lines snaking back and forth.   I walked almost four miles just in this part...a total of seven that day.   Anyway, because the weather was warm and no wind, the balloons were filled early in the day.   We began the tour in the sunlight...



 But night had fallen by the time we finished...


Snoopy was the last balloon we saw...
...very large.

It was a lot of fun, but next year I think I will go back to seeing the parade.

I did have fun cooking for Thanksgiving Dinner.   I sat down and figured out that the last time I actually cooked a meal for Thanksgiving was seven years ago.   Didn't lose my touch, though.   Everything turned out great...

and I have plenty of leftovers so I won't be cooking for several days. Even Chip and Dale had a relaxing time...when they weren't bugging the rest of us, that is!  

Not only Thanksgiving, but I am having a great football 'feast'.   Three games on Turkey Day - the first two weren't that great but the last one was.  Today there are lots of college football games and same tomorrow...another full day of football.   Then back to the pros on Sunday...couldn't ask for anything more.

I hope your Thanksgiving weekend is great.   That you're doing what you enjoy.   And that those close to your are with you if not immediately, then in spirit.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you on Monday...