Tuesday, November 24, 2015

SHORT POST and DALA HORSE

A short post this evening.   I managed to get all the rest of the food shopping done today plus a few other errands and still get a parking spot when I got home...a bonus.   Let me just say that parking is at a premium in this area, especially after...oh...say...about 3:30pm  

I also finished the Dala Horse ornaments...

They are very cute.   I thought about adding beads but after trying some out, I decided that I did not like the beads at all.

So, tomorrow, I will be heading into Manhattan to meet with my youngest son for a light supper and then watch the balloons being blown up.   I haven't done this in years...decades...so it should be fun.

I normally go to the parade but this year I wanted to do something different.   Not only that, I will be cooking the meal:   Turkey (well, son number two is cooking that at the restaurant), ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes in sauce, stuffing, jello-cucumber-nut-cottage cheese salad, and pumpkin and pecan pies.   A feast...now if only I can learn to cook in less that gigantic quantities!!!

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...late...or maybe on Thanksgiving...