Tuesday, December 8, 2015

CHRISTMAS MOVIES, MORE DECORATIONS AND THE BIRDS!

I'm watching the original Miracle on 34th Street.   One of the things that I love to do at Christmas is to visit Macy's in Manhattan and ride on the old fashioned escalators.  Silly, I know.   Actually, a visit to Macy's at Christmas is really fun even if I don't purchase anything.   That's on tap for this week.

Last night I watched the movie One Magic Christmas with Mary Steenburgen.  It wasn't until the end of the movie that I realized it was similar to It's A Wonderful Life with Jimmy Stewart.   Do you ever watch the old holiday movies?   I find it fun, relaxing and, I don't know, just makes my heart sing and I smile.

A couple more pictures from the house.   This nativity scene was the first one my husband and I bought on Christmas Eve of our first Christmas together.   We bought it at a long gone department store and I am sure that the price we paid was far less than it was worth...only $5.00.   But that was a long time ago...forty-seven years to be exact!!!

It's sitting on an old buffet in the dining area.   The Santa and Mrs. Santa and the kitty are also very old...

By the way, the picture on my blog was one I took in Utah after quite a heavy snow.  This is the whole picture...

I was sitting on the walk/bike path near the water a couple days ago when someone decided to feed the birds.   I snapped this picture...

I have been so busy that I haven't finished the tree.   It's almost done.   I still have four types of ornaments to put on:  Santas, whirling ornaments, candy canes and snowflakes.  Slow but sure...it will get done.

Tomorrow, a visit to the Bronx plus a stop at a couple places in Manhattan.   I will take pictures to share.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you tomorrow...