Wednesday, December 9, 2015

MORE CHRISTMAS DECORATION PICTURES...

Well, I didn't make it to the Bronx.   Woke up with a queasy stomach and the last thing I wanted to do was look at food much less eat it.   So, I am hoping to make it up there tomorrow after I move the car. Actually, I hope to get a bit of shopping done during that hour and a half that I have to have the car moved.  I only have a couple more small presents to purchase...next getting them wrapped and in the mail.

Instead of wrapping paper, I am making Christmas Sacks out of the Christmas fabric stash that I have here in my studio.   Tomorrow is busy and so is Friday and Saturday...hopefully on Sunday.   I want to get the packages in the mail early next week...like Monday!!!

So, I have a couple more pictures of the apartment to share.  The buildings in this village were made by a friend many, many years ago.   The little nativity scene in front of the church was the one that my mom and dad had up in their home.   I'm missing a couple pieces but it's nice to have the ones I have to remember...

This is the Scrooge Village which we collected...

I love snow globes, especially holiday ones.   I began collecting the Macy's snow globes many years ago.   No, I don't have them all, but I do have several...

I did get the village scene backed but haven't quilted it yet.   I also want to add a couple more people. But, after taking down the fall wall hangings, I needed something to hang.   The stocking on the right (red) is a very, very old one.   About the same age as the santa, sleigh and reindeer that was made by a neighbor of my grandma...

And the tree is done, but I am having a problem taking a picture that does it justice.  The editing program won't let me add/subtract either light or color.  But I did get a nice picture of the village under the tree, at least part of it...
 
Well, that's all for today...
I hope all of you are spending a few minutes each day being thankful...
Talk to you tomorrow...
Thanks for visiting...