Monday, January 11, 2016

LIFE CONTINUES...

Remember the hide-and-go-seek game where the one who was 'it' yells 'Ready or not, here I come!'? Well, that's about how I feel right now...ready or not, here I am!!

First of all, I have to say that I was disappointed that the Vikings are out of the playoffs but things did not work out well for them.   Believe it or not, I am happy that the Packers are in.   Oh, and I found a great bar/restaurant in my area called The Wicked Monk.   Great food, great drinks, great atmosphere and great patrons.   This one is a keeper.

Well, I picked my word for the year - ADVENTURE - as in my life as an...   We all go through great times and not so great times.   For me, the object is to approach both of them as embarking on an adventure.   It makes the great times even better and the not so great times a bit more palatable.

As I look back over my many, many years of life, I realize now that I really did approach (and still do) all of it as an adventure including the many moves, the different professions and, yes, even the loss of my husband.  Obviously, the loss was devastating and marked a great change in my life.   But even then, after the grieving process,  I saw it as an adventure in living rather than as an end to life as I knew it.

I always see the glass half-full rather than half-empty, see the positive rather than the negative, and remains more optimistic rather than pessimistic. I really think that looking at my life, and living my life, as an adventure contributed to that outlook.

So, with the word now chosen, my Monthly Thoughts for the year will center on that topic as will the Weekly Journal Posts.

One thing that I will be doing more of is sharing my journal pages with you, especially those that are based on the Journal Posts.  Watch for this week's journal page a little later this week.

Remember the tag challenge I am doing...one per day for the year spending only 15 minutes on each tag?   Well, here are a few more of them...


I added another element to this challenge, I will use a tag even if I make a mistake on it.   Frugal minded, but also it stretches the imagination.   Have you ever partaken in the exercise where you scribbled on a piece of paper and then had to make a picture out of that scribble.   Well, that's how I look at tags that I made a mistake on...imagine something different.  Oh, and I am up to date.

This is the week that I began using my WEEK AT A GLANCE TALLY SHEETS in earnest.   There are six of them.   Sounds like a lot, doesn't it?   Well, I think this is going to be the best way for me to keep track of things.   The sheets include:  Exercise, Food/Weight, Goals, Finances, and two project sheets.   One on the book of meditations and one on the crocheted mini village.

Some will be used everyday and others as needed.  I did add an additional exercise...bike riding.   I picked up the equipment to make my bike stationery so I can 'ride' it during the winter months.

So, how are you coming with this year's goals, plans, dreams?   Thought I forgot, didn't you?  Nope, just taking my time.   I usually spend January getting all my ducks lined up in a row, kind of easing into the new year with new goals, new dreams, new plans.

This week, let's work on those, especially the dreams.   Check back tomorrow and we'll continue on that 'Adventure'!

Thanks for coming by and checking things out here...
Talk to you tomorrow...