Tuesday, May 24, 2016

FLOWERS FROM A WALK & THOUGHTS FROM OTHER BLOGS


I took a walk today and photographed several beautiful flowers which I will share throughout today's post.   The weather was beautiful, 70 degrees, very light breeze, partly cloudy but no rain although it did rain this morning.


I wanted to share a couple insights I gained from blogs that I follow. First up is Cindi Lavin at Mixed Media Art.   She created a collage with a raven as the central figure.  She titled the collage as 'Wishful Thinking'.  

If you click through to her blog, she has posted a very detailed tutorial on how to create the collage. But what was interesting to me was what she felt was being depicted in the collage.  The raven was beautiful and strong but was looking longingly at things he did not have.  

I guess we are all that way at times...looking and wishing for things that we don't have.  All the while not appreciating the thinga that we do have. The grass may look greener on the other side both ways!


Another blog had highlighted a great quote.   'Paradise is not a place, it's a state of mind."


On anther blog, Storyline, Al Andrews wrote about 'Why It's Often Better To Say Less'.  And I must say that I agree with his ideas.   Sometimes saying more is just saying more.  Sometimes just the act of being present and saying less is the best way to show care.

One of the things that I have learned is that when someone is in need for any reason, they don't really want solutions or answers to their problems.  They may not even want to hear that things will get better. Generally what they want most is for someone to truly be present and to listen.


Well, the tag art challenge for this week is mono prints.   I do have a gelli plate so I don't have to make one although I understand that they are easy and inexpensive.   I am going to give it a try and will take pictures.   Looks like fun to me...messy, but fun.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you later...