Tuesday, June 14, 2016

GIFT OF FLOWERS

'The earth laughs in flowers.'
Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I looked at the pictures I took while out on a walk, I discovered this one which really resonated with me.

Look at the flowers.   You will note that one, the white rose, is in it's prime.  Fully bloomed.  

But now look at the other rose.   It's past it's prime.  It's petals are worn and ragged.

When I took the picture, I couldn't help but savor the sweet smell that the flowers were gifting anyone who walked by.   When I got a little closer to the flowers I realized that the deep pink rose, the one which was well past it's prime had the stronger, sweeter smell.

Interesting.

It made me think about life.   I like to imagine that because the flower could not gift the person walking by with a perfect bloom, it could offer a beautiful, strong, sweet smell instead.

So what does that say to us?   Actually, there are lots of things.   
   
Being in one's prime isn't all there is to life.

Being perfect isn't all there is to life.

Maybe what we can glean from these two flowers is that no matter where you are in life, your gifts to anyone who walks in your circle are still precious.   

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...