Thursday, June 23, 2016

A TRIP TO UNION SQUARE


This is the canopy that we were under in Union Park while having an impromptu picnic via Whole Foods.  The weather was nice.   Not too hot but the humidity was fairly high.

Walking to the subway I found some wonderful roses that both looked beautiful and had an exquisite sweet smell.   More like the old fashioned roses that I remember from the yard in my grandmother's home in a tiny town in Minnesota...Ogilvie.


And these flowers that I always think are smiling at folks passing by (Don't ask me why, I have always felt that way about them!)...

We're getting our act together, my grandchild and I,  finding out what works and what doesn't.   We had fun with origami yesterday...
A horse, a sumo wrestler and a crane.

This is the first time that I feel like I have really understood how to create a crane.   I want to make a ton of them and hang them up in the living room.

The last time I remember feeling this good about origami is when I finally successfully created the Moravian Star.  I made a ton of them, different sizes, strung them together, then dipped them in melted wax.

Well, that's all for tonight.
Thank's for visiting...
Talk to you later...