Thursday, August 25, 2016


Today was errand day...lots of places to go and lots of things to do including picking up things to finish the weavings.

I did finish the large raw edge pumpkin weaving...

I picked up some fabric adhesive and used that to keep the pumpkin together.  Although I used the adhesive to adhere it to the woven background, I did stitch around it.   If I was at home, I would have done a lot more sewing.

For the background, I would have stitched down the middle of each row, both ways.   I would have done the same with the pumpkin and then attached it using a close zig-zag.  One of the ways I compensated was to sew a bead in each square.

I also finished a small version.  This is the size for the amount of fabric I suggested.  However, if they want they will be able to bring more and make a larger one.

Here's the smaller one...

You can see how much smaller it is be checking out the dowel.  When I made this one, I cut out the strips, attached the top to a piece of cardboard with tape.  The I used a dot of fabric glue at each intersection.  

I did it for both the background and the pumpkin.   It was easy to do so I think I will use that technique.  Looking at the bottom picture, I realize that it looks more like an apple than a pumpkin, but that's okay for now.   I will work on the pattern a bit more.  The top is also a bit crooked which is just the way the wall hanging was laying on the background fabric.

So I have one more to finish.  The finished edged wall hanging.   It will be the same size as the top wall hanging.  What I will do is cut each strip larger, then fold back the edges on both sides, iron, and continue as before.

Well, tomorrow is another errand day but I hope to have everything finished by the end of the week so I can mail everything off for the September Guild Meeting.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...