Thursday, November 3, 2016

COLOR HAS ARRIVED, ANOTHER CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT, NO BAKE PIE

I went out to move Lady J to a Thursday spot after the street had been cleaned so I don't have to move her tomorrow.  It was a bit cooler, just a bit, than yesterday.  That's probably because it is very cloudy and rainy out today.  Last night was so warm I left the windows open all night.

But I noticed that in the span of a day the trees changed.   Unfortunately, it is so cloudy that it's hard to see in the pictures I took.   Trust me, the oranges and rusts are beautiful...


So, what are you thankful for today?  I mailed a (belated, as usual) birthday card out today and that reminded me of the joy of grandchildren and of being a grandmother...that's what I am thankful for today.

Well, in my quest for easy baking I ran across this no bake pie from 'A Cultivated Nest'.  It's called No Bake Turtle Pumpkin Pie and you can see a picture and the recipe here.  I am generally not a fan of no bake pies nor whipped toppings but I am going to try this one out because it just looks scrumptious!

I found another easy ornament...an old standby using yo-yos.  This time I am making a christmas tree.  Here are two views.


It really is simple and you can make it any size you want.  I cut circles starting with 5" and graduated down by 1/2" to 2 1/2".






If you're not familiar with yo-yos, you simple sew a running stitch around the edge of the circle and then gather it tightly to the center, leaving the right side out, and secure.  I do this by hand and I use a double thread to prevent breaking when pulling tight.

Stack the yo-yo's making sure the finished side (where the gathering does not show) on the top and bottom.  Again, using double thread begin on the center top part of the bottom yo-yo (to hide the knot) push the needle down, then add that yo-yo to the rest and stick the needle up the center to the top and secure.  You may want to do this twice.

You can then add any type of hanger.  I choose beads.

Now that I have made a couple, I am going to play around and make tree taller.  Then add some sequins and small beads as decorations. I'll post those pictures when I finish.

That's it for today...
Thanks for checking things out here...
Talk to you tomorrow...