Wednesday, November 2, 2016

BEAUTIFUL DAY, EASY TREE ORNAMENT, MORE PICTURES FROM VERMONT

BEAUTIFUL DAY

It was a beautiful day today.  Sunny.  Warm (70's).  Light breeze. This is a picture of the water taken across the street from my apartment.  I was out for a walk and to move Lady J. (I was lucky enough to get a Friday parking spot.  I only saw one in three blocks. Fortunately,  I am getting really good at backing in on the diagonal.)

So did you think about something to be thankful for today?  Today is talk day for me and that influenced my choice...I was thankful for the other ladies that take the time to listen and talk with me.  Gotta love Skype.   It's so much better to see folks at the same time as talking with them.

EASY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT
I have been looking for ornaments to make and I found one that's so easy it's almost unbelievable.  I saw it first on Pinterest.  Wanting to give the original post credit, I followed the link to the post by Brenna at Life After Laundry.which you can find here.

The instructions are easy.  Cut a circle.  I took a small plate and cut out a circle (about 9 inches)...

Next fold in half right sides together...

Sew the curved edges leaving space to turn, then turn and iron...

Top stitch around the curved area and then fold as shown below...




I am going to secure at the top with a bead and attach a loop to hang.  This ornament is about 5 1/2" long.  I was wondering that if I began with a much smaller circle, could I make a cute pin? What do you think?  I think it would be a nice addition to my winter coat.   Going to try that this evening.

By the way, I have another tree ornament which I will share tomorrow.

MORE PICTURES FROM VERMONT
The theme for this set of photos would probably be things...

If you like to walk around old cemeteries, well, New England has a ton of them.  You can see the headstones are very old.


This is a an old church which at one time was a Norman Rockwell Museum. The neat thing about it was that the volunteer staff were folks or relatives of folks who posed for Rockwell's paintings.  Lots of interesting visits were spent here before it closed.  I do think the museum is now located at the edge of town (Arlington,Vt) and connected to a farmer's market.

A river large enough to contain lots of fish...


This is a nursery between Bennington and Manchester which always puts out a halloween scene

What a beautiful horse...

One of the many empty barns ready to fall down...

That's the last of my Vermont photos for now.

I see that the Christmas Shops at Byrant and Union Square Parks are being put together.  They're tiny little shops probably no more than 10' square, chalked full of stuff.  I always enjoy walking around to see what's out there and what's trending.  They should be open very shortly, so if you're in NYC, check them out.

That's all for today folks...
It's been nice talking with you...
See you tomorrow...