Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A MONTH OF THANKFULNESS, ROUND ROBIN & PICTURES FROM VERMONT VISIT

A MONTH OF THANKFULNESS
November 1st...we can see the end of the year shining in the distance...ah, sweet memories and maybe some not so sweet but there just the same.

If you awoke this morning, it's a time to rejoice and be thankful for...another day to spend on this magnificent world we are part of.

I have a request...that each of us spend a moment each day being thankful for something that is a part of our lives.  The best times to do this are either when you first awake or just before sleeping at night. You don't have to write it down, journal about it, tell anyone else...just be thankful.

Some of you may think that you have nothing to be thankful for. Perhaps you have lost a loved one and the pain is still raw.  Stop and consider, would it have been better to not have known and loved this person...can you be thankful for the gift of this person in your life even as you are saddened by loss?

When we focus on being thankful, the benefit can spread throughout our day and affect our well-being.  It can even affect those around us. Why not give it a try during this month which celebrates thankfulness.  

ROUND ROBIN
I organized a Round Robin for the Empire Quilt Guild here in NYC. As a result, I became part of one.  I finished up my initial creation yesterday, earlier than I normally do things.  Here's a picture...
The green, aqua and pink fabrics were the pieces included in the envelopes.  I added the orange, sherbet and red fabrics.   Remember, this is a 'Think Outside the Box' Round Robin.  I think that I did accomplish that...although I should have added some curved pieces!!!

PICTURES FROM VERMONT VISIT
I guess the best theme for this set of photos is 'Trees'...








I have one more set of photos which I will share tomorrow. But, when folks comment on the beauty in pictures, I like to encourage them to look around. When they do, chances are 100% that they will see just as beautiful and intriguing things in their neck of the woods. Beauty comes is a variety of shapes, sizes, colors and things. Look around and you will see beauty surrounds you. It may be different than everyone else's, but it is there.   Just look...

That's it for today, folks...
Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...