Wednesday, November 23, 2016

FELT CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT UPDATE, HAPPY VILLAGES BACKGROUND, SQUARES INTO HALF-TRIANGLES & THANKFULNESS

Grant us the grace to change what is easy,
The courage to change what is difficult,
And the wisdom to see the need for both.


Well, I just got back from the grocery store...today's purchases included a ham and two packages of turkey wings which will supplement the two drumsticks. Just enough for me!!!

FELT CHRISTMAS TREE ORNAMENT UPDATE

I cut out the felt squares as before but instead of using embroidery thread to form the tree, I decided to try a white chenille stick and I like the results.  First of all, the squares stay put rather than twist as they did with the thread.  Second, after adding the beads at the top, you can easily hide the chenille. I used a couple beads at the bottom also. But as it was harder to hide the chenille, I used a dab of hot glue.  

Pushing the chenille stick through the felt is not really possible unless you make a hole first. I used my sewing awl to push through the felt and then wiggle a bit to make the hole larger.  It doesn't add much time and I really like the results much better.

HAPPY VILLAGES BACKGROUND
Remember the fabric I auditioned for the Happy Villages Focus Group?

Well, this is the background that I came up with...I like the results...
Next, I'll add the houses.  But that will have to wait until after Thanksgiving!

SQUARES INTO HALF-TRIANGLES
I had a large stack of squares on hand and I decided to make something for Christmas as a gift. I chose two colors...

I placed right sides together and drew a diagonal line...

I then sewed 1/4" inch on both sides of the line, cut on line and these are what I came up with...

A half triangle square, four of which you see placed together above. I have twenty half-triangle squares which should make something very nice.  (By the way, they are all the same color, my lighting situation isn't the best.)

I am thinking about making a table runner and using a cream between the arrangement above and for a border. Again, I will be working on it after Thanksgiving.

THANKFULNESS
We are closing in on the end of November and Thanksgiving is tomorrow. Wow! Have you been able to think of something each day to be thankful for? I hope so because no matter what you are experiencing in your life right now...illness, death, sadness or joy...thinking of one thing to be thankful for may bring a moment of peace.

Today I am thankful for all my friends, family and strangers who have wished me a Happy Thanksgiving. My heart overflows with such love. I hope your's does also.

That's it for today...
Thanks for dropping by...
I wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving...
Talk to you tomorrow...