Tuesday, December 20, 2016

LIFE GOING ON, THE LAST VILLAGE, A FUN TIME HAD BY ALL...NO, MAKE THAT BY MOM! & BAKING ALMOST DONE!


LIFE GOING ON...
I love to look at the Christmas Tree in the evening. I don't have the lights on a twinkle setting but the ornaments that move with the heat give the same appearance as twinkle lights, just a softer effect.

I went out today to pick up a few things at the grocery store and everything I wanted was on sale. Now how often does that happen?  Land O Lakes butter for $2.99/Lb and Black Forest bacon for $2.89/Lb! That was a present in itself. Listen folks, with the atmosphere today, I will take it where I can get it.

And that reminds me of a Blog I read this morning about a simple thing like waiting in line at the Post Office. Brought a smile to my face. If you want to read it (it's very short) click on the title, If This Is The Worst Thing...of the article at MySimplerLive. I promise it will lift your spirits.

THE LAST VILLAGE
Goodness, I made this about 35 years ago. (Where has the time gone? My mom always said it would go fast, guess she was right!) We were living in a small town (Lindstrom) in Minnesota, four kids, hubby and myself. I learned how to crochet and went to town making the village. It was something that the kids could play with and rearrange over and over again.

There's a school house, a general store, a church and six houses plus a steam engine train with a coal car, a caboose and two additional cars. I will take a picture of the train later...when I can find it. I had it on the ground in front of the tree but Chip and Dale decided to take over what the children use to do when they were young...hide it!

A FUN TIME WAS HAVE BY ALL...NO BY MOM!
Can't wait until my two boys come over. I found something that will drive them crazy. My bells! They play about 95 Christmas songs. I can just see them shaking their heads and asking, 'Do you have to play them, mom?' just like they used to!

BAKING ALMOST DONE
Today I baked four loaves of banana bread. The bananas were taking over my freezer so I thought it would be a good idea to do a little baking. I have also made my fruitcake cupcakes...not quite as good this year, and five different cookies. About the only thing left is my cranberry pudding. We used to make plum pudding but found that we liked the tartness of the cranberry pudding with the sugar high best sauce (nothing but butter, sugar and cream!) I do want to make some regular bread as I have finally used the last loaf. (I don't eat a lot of bread.)

Tomorrow's the Winter Solstice, folks. The good thing is that after tomorrow the daylight will get longer. Can't wait, this getting dark at 4:30 business is getting to me.

Keep the faith, all will work out eventually...
Have fun with your preparations for the Holidays...
Can you believe that Hanukkah begins on December 24th?
I'm going to take that as a good sign for great things to come.
Want to join me?
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...
Football tonight. Actually, football everyday from now until January 2nd.
I am ecstatic!!!