Wednesday, February 22, 2017

HIKING, DOODLING AND A FOLK ART FABRIC PICTURE...

Went hiking up at Sterling Forest Park located in that little area of New York west and north of the city. It was cold and rainy.  It was also very overcast...but I managed to take some pictures...
You can see the piles of snow in this photo...including on the trails. Although some of the snow melted and turned into ice!

I love the silhouette of the tree in this photo.

I also managed to get a little doodling done...

I think my mojo...artistic muse...is back.

I have been working on another fabric piece. This began with different borders overlapping each other...

I added to two extra pieces, but later took them off.

Next I placed a vase and stylized flowers...

Then I added the stems and leaves...

Since this is raw edge applique, I am using the blanket stitch with three strands of embroidery floss to edge everything. The heavy, dark floss make the picture pop!. I guess I would label this as a folk art piece. Hopefully, I will have the embroidery done by the end of this week. Can't wait to post a photo because the embroidery does bring the whole thing together.

Well, it's late and I have to get up with the chickens and on the road before rush hour tomorrow...
Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...