Wednesday, April 5, 2017

OUT AND ABOUT IN NYC

Today I went to the Bronx for lunch before stopping at my main destination on the way back. First time in a long time, the train god was with me. I no sooner stepped off one train to get to another, when the other train arrived. Wow! Both ways! Can't beat that...

When I'm in a hurry, I take the N express train which goes over the river on the Manhattan Bridge. I was trying to get a picture (through very dirty windows) of a very unusual building. None of those pictures turned out but take a look at this one, didn't even know there was anything in the sky...then I looked again and saw what it really was!!!

And I really like this angle of lower Manhattan...

If you've ever been on the NYC Subway System, you know that they allow musicians to play for donations. Well, at Union Square this person drew quite a crowd...and he was really good...

Walking home I saw more and more signs of spring. For instance, my first dandelion of the season...

And check out this yellow bush...

And aren't these little purple flowers cute...I wish I knew their name...

Daffodils in bunches are totally open here...

And look what the bunny was hiding...

I think spring has finally arrived...at least I hope so. I love this weather...not too hot, nor too cold. But it was foggy this morning. I heard the foghorns going all night long.

Well, tomorrow I'm home and hope to finish getting ready for my embellishments workshop this coming Saturday.

I finished the handwork on my folk flower picture and am now quilting. I also have the Southwest Landscape ready to quilt and embellish. I'll show these tomorrow so you can see how far I have gotten.

Thanks for visiting...
Talk to you tomorrow...