Monday, April 3, 2017

WEEKEND PHOTOS, AUSPICIOUS STITCHES, SEWING TIP & PLANS

WEEKEND PHOTOS

Yesterday and today were lovely. Sunny and warm. I was out both days...Sunday in Brooklyn and today in lower Manhattan. I snapped a couple photos showing things blooming. They aren't very sharp...I'm having a few problems in that area but I wanted to post them anyway, one especially.

Daffodils are blooming all over. Most are buds just opening but I think this weekend will show some beautiful full flowers...

This was odd...a tulip growing out of a formal hedge...

I loved this one best even though it is the worst of the photos. There are two birds among the two daffodils...

AUSPICIOUS STITCHES

Remember the meeting I went to last week? Well, I have joined the group of wonderfully talented and creative artists. The group is called Auspicious Stitches and I promise to share (with permission, of course) some of their artistic creations. They meet weekly and mostly just bring work to share and critic although there are occasional meetings where members teach a particular technique. The members work in many different areas from jewelry, to needlepoint, to mixed media, to sculpture to fabric creations including altering and embellishing clothing, dolls, quilting, etc. Just being around all those talented folks is a treat...and it gives my own creativity a boost. 

SEWING TIP

Okay, I know some of you are going to scream at this tip but I really do like using it. What is it? Glue! Yes, there are times, not always mind you, but there really are times when using a light application of glue instead of pins works best. 

One of the best times to use glue for me is when I am sewing a piece of cloth cut on the straight grain to a piece that is cut on the bias...and yes, that does come up many times in my landscape creations. A light application of glue, allowed to dry, will stop any movement by the bias cut piece. 

PLANS

So, it's 10pm...do you know where your plans are? I created a blank calendar page on OpenOffice that I can adapt to any date. I formatted the template with ten days per page that includes a small place for the date on the left and the rest of the portion is devoted to plans.

I spent last weekend developing this because none of the datebooks which I have used in the past really worked well for me. I like to use a full sheet of paper and a clipboard. Once I developed the calendar, I set out to schedule things for this month. I'll let you know how it works out.  

I don't know about you, but I do find that if I write things down, I have a better chance of accomplishing them. Maybe this is another way to kickstart my muse...I'll let you know...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you tomorrow...