Thursday, May 11, 2017

CHIP and DALE & MOSAIC EXAMPLES

CHIP and DALE

Today was cleaning day around here. I had put off cleaning for quite a while...laundry too. I couldn't take the fur and feathers any longer. And as the weather was less than ideal...well, I couldn't find any reason not to do it.

Took several hours, including having, unfortunately, one of the washing machines break down. I had to transfer soaking wet clothes from one to another. But I did get my money back, so it's not all bad...

I put a cover on the big wingback chair and Chip and Dale decided that it has now become their chair...both of them...at the same time.  Take a look...


I am surprised that gravity did not take hold when the two were sleeping...Chip looks perilously close to falling off. But he stayed put.

MOSAIC EXAMPLES

I promised to share the examples for my workshop in June on mosaics...


I do like the way they look. For these examples, I used a black base piece. The rest of the fabric had an adhesive backing so it was ironed onto the base piece. Two reasons: I did not want to applique all the pieces and by using adhesive backed fabric, there was no fraying.

Well, it's late and tomorrow is a busy day...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...