Monday, May 15, 2017

LEAVES & MORE COLLAGE EMBELLISHMENT


I took this photo on Saturday morning in between rainfalls.  I can't really wrap my brain around how fast the trees leaf out. One day there are bare branches and the next there are leaves. It's like pigeon babies in that you never see them until they're grown.

The workshop was a success inspite of the rain. I was wondering if folks would turn out...and it turned out that they did. The tables were overflowing and then when folks finished, others stepped in to try their hand at playing with scraps!

Remember this collage using larger pieces?

This is what it looks like after quilting it to pieces with three different colored threads. I also added another layer of the painter's drop cloth and then zigzagged around the edges. It is stiff enough to hang by one corner and stay straight.

I'ver begun embellishing another smaller collage. This is what it looked like with just fabric...

And this is how far I have gotten with embroidery...

I probably need to iron it out because it does lay very flat. I am going to add lace and beads next.

I hope all mothers had a great Mother's Day. Mine was supposed to be very low-key and it turned out even more laid back. My two sons living here in NYC were going to take me out to an early dinner but one son was sick, so I stayed home (well, at least in the same apartment complex) and ordered in lunch and watched the movie 'Passengers' with the other son. A great idea considering the weather.

Have you noticed how fast and how slow time goes at the same time? I mean, I can't believe that it is already May 15Th...but at the same time I can't believe that it has only been 115 days!!!

Life goes on...
Thanks for taking some of your time to visit...
Talk to you later...