Tuesday, May 16, 2017

CRYING 'UNCLE'!!!


So, let me ask you, do you take care of yourself? Or do you put yourself behind everybody else in your circle or family? A lot of women do...even when there's no one else around. They find a way to put themselves last.

Yesterday, I decided that I needed to rest a bit more. So, instead of getting up at the crack of dawn, I stayed in bed until I felt like getting up. I am also trying to get to bed a bit earlier than my normal 2-3am.

I was wondering why I felt tired and a bit anxious...but of course, the answer is right in front of me...our political situation. Each time that something happens it seems to be bad. And every time you think, well, this is going to be as bad as it gets. Turn around and the next shoe dropping is worse.

Secrets given to Russia? How are any of our friends going to trust us any more? I wouldn't if I were in their place. Threats to the fired director of the FBI...via twitter? And now a memo stating that our current POTUS asked the director to stop investigating the Russian connection.

Sometimes I want to just put my hand up and cry 'uncle'! Of course, that's not an option. I realize that we must not let this win. We have to do whatever we can to 'Resist' from marching, to writing, to calling, to e-mailing, to sending funds to endangered organizations, to joining political groups, to even run for office. No, everyone doesn't have to do everything...but you need to do what you can. No more, but no less.

And no, I don't think this is a situation of us putting ourselves last. What we are doing is putting ourselves first in line to save our democracy and once again establish a country where everyone has a chance to live a happy, fulfilled life.

Okay, enough of my soapbox.

Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...