Wednesday, May 17, 2017

DECEMBER HOLIDAY PLANS!!!


Button, button, who's got the button? Remember playing that as a child? (Yes, I know that in today's parlance that phrase takes on a very different meaning!)

I have been working on plans for the holiday party next December...yes, I really am...and one of the things I want to include is a jar of buttons. Folks will be able to guess the amount and the closest will win something...right now I am thinking of a travel iron and foldable ironing pad which has been so useful this year in my workshops.

I also want to make a couple favors to give out...for all 200 members. The first one is taken from what I did on my last workshop on fabric scraps...a bookmark.

The bookmarks above had scraps on only one side. Some of the folks at the workshop suggested covering both sides and I like that idea.

So what I have done to streamline the process is first use cardstock weight paper. I applied Heat and Bond to both sides. Then using a paper cutter, I cut the shapes. They are a bit wider than those above, but shorter.

I have found that my small iron (bottom right on the piece of granite) is really helping this process because I can use it on each piece to lock it in place.  I already have 50 completely covered front and back.

Once they are done, I am going to brush on a finish coat of Diamond Glaze, then punch a hole and add decorative yarn. What do you think? I think they are a winner.

I have two other favors that I am working on...a finger pincushion which is quite simple to make plus a needle/pin booklet.

Ambitious? Well, look at it this way...I have a long time to get them done and at the rate I am doing the bookmarks, they will be done before the next quilt workshop in June. That will leave a couple more summer months to finish the rest of the favors!!!

******
So, another shoe dropped today, not to mention the 362 point fall on the stock market, and it looks like a special prosecutor has been appointed.
******

Thanks for visiting
Talk to you later