Wednesday, May 31, 2017

CRAZY QUILT BAG!


I had fun making a bag of sorts. It all started when I looked at this...
which I made to use in a crazy quilt embellishment workshop. I was unable to attend so I had this and one other orphan block. I was wondering what to do with them when I realized that I needed something to carry scissors in so I thought, why not make it out of this square?

First I made pockets to go on the inside...
by sewing a hem all around and then sewing the pocket to the liner...
I actually decided to make two pockets...one on either side. And what, you ask, did I use for the liner? My go to piece of the painters fabric drop cloth.

To close, I used hook and loop tape which I also sewed to the liner...

Next, I used Heat and Bond on the inside of the inner liner. I then fused the crazy quilt square to the liner...

To finish, I added a binding to the edges of the square that would serve as the opening...


When these two sides were finished, I folded the square in half, finish side to finish side, and sewed the sides. When both sides were sewn, I added a binding to finish the bag.


And this is the result...


I added a crocheted flower just for the fun of it...

To be honest, this was a lot of fun and didn't take much time at all. And now I have a really solid bag to carry my scissors in plus anything else I may want. Now that I have seen the results, I can't wait to make another one using the remaining block. I can see all sorts of uses for these bags from sewing supplies, or drawing supplies to cosmetics to whatever I can think of...

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk to you later...