Tuesday, October 24, 2017

FLOWERS, APPLES AND DARN IT!!!

So, listening to the weatherperson yesterday, I was expecting a large storm with winds and tons of rain, even some lightening and thunder. I decided that I would take pictures of any flowers I saw while walking back from the subway thinking, of course, that they wouldn't be here today.

I will say one thing, the flowers were beautiful. And, my appreciate for the iPhone camera I was using went way up because the wind was blowing so hard that the flowers were simply dancing and I did not think any of the pictures would turn out...





I did go apple picking last weekend.
I picked about twice this much...every apple I have eaten so far has been great. 

I went to Apple Dave's Orchard and Winery in Warrick, NY.





There was live music and entertainment for the kids, picnic tables all over, food and, of course, apple picking. They even had a pumpkin patch...a little different...

So why the 'Darn It!!!'. Well, I didn't make it to New England last week so I was going this week. I made plans, but cancelled them Sunday evening. So, a really big DARN IT!!!  The rain storms haven't come through here, nor in the places I was going to visit.

I had to snap this photo on my way home yesterday. First time I have encountered these in NYC!!!

And one last thing, if you ever see this restaurant...
...run, don't walk, into it. It's one of the best Barbecue Restaurants I have experienced.

That's it...
Thanks for dropping in...
Talk to you later...