Monday, October 2, 2017

PLANS FOR THE WEEK & A FALL FUN WEEKEND


I was drafting a blog for last Friday (Yes, I do write drafts before actually publishing something - although it may not seem like it at times!!) but a family emergency entered the scene so I had to put together some things and quickly drive down to Maryland.  The situation is better now and I am back home.

It was actually cooler down there than up here which is strange. You could see your breath this morning where I was staying...up here in NYC, it was warm enough to put the ac on in SnowWhite about halfway home.

So, my week is pretty much planned including next weekend...another three day weekend for many folks. Anyway, I still have to finalize plans for November's workshop and make examples, as well as getting everything for this month's workshop ready. (Actually, I am mostly ready.)

Then there are some other things like car registration - make that truck registration and inspection, meeting with folks about a variety of things from politics to teaching gigs to collaboration on some creative adventures (more on that later).

But also planning for the weekend. This was in the works for several weeks - a group of us are going apple picking, pumpkin picking and corn mazing (Is that a word?) I found one maze that was nine acres in size. Doesn't that sound like fun.

Also, an apple cider making tour, hay rides, and pumpkin throwing. I feel like a kid...actually more like a mom who doesn't have to keep track of her kids...they're all adults...thus a kid!!!

Something that I have found in my later years is that experiences are much more fun than acquiring stuff!!! I loved the Renaissance Faire and it was almost all experiences. I admit that I did purchase one mug from a local pottery artist, but everything else was just enjoying the scenery and the entertainment.

Anyway, we have been planning this adventure weekend for quite a while...corn maze, here I come!!!

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...
Back to my workshops...