Thursday, September 28, 2017

DOLLHOUSE COTTAGE AND FALL WEATHER, FINALLY!!!


Well, I hadn't planned on not blogging for two days this week but on Tuesday, things got too late plus the fact that I wasn't feeling all that great. Then on Wednesday, I woke up with a fever and spent most of the day resting.

The good thing is that the weather has changed and it is cool with low humidity. I'm still a bit tired but not as much as I have been these past days with high heat and humidity.

Flowers are still blooming in this part of Brooklyn. The rose above was the size of a saucer. Very unusual for around here. But very beautiful and surprisingly sweet smelling.

So, I have not accomplished much with the exception of working a bit more on my dollhouse cottage.

I finished a few more things in the bedroom including adding a railing around the opening to the stairway, finishing the dresser and side table plus some rugs...



I plan on making a chair for the corner in front of the railing. I also added some wooden dividers in the kitchen...

I really can't figure out why I am enjoying making this cottage. Could be that I like to work in small things. One of my favorite books when I was a child was 'Thumbelina'. I also remember playing with a tiny, tiny baby (about 3/4" long) with moveable arms and legs. I used to make clothes and furniture for it...wow, is that a memory from at least 62 years ago?!?!

Well, today I attended to household things like laundry, moving SnowWhite (still can't believe that I drive an F150 - a dream come true), cleaning the apartment and catching up on email. Probably wise if I take it a bit easy rather than going all out on the first day I feel good.

Here's hoping that all of you are enjoying great weather, feeling well and above all following your bliss...

Thanks for dropping by...
Talk to you later...
Football tonight!!!!