Monday, November 13, 2017

TINY BOOKS


It was 57 degrees here today...and yet by the end of the week they will be looking at snow again!!!

So, I spent the day reworking some mini books. I was hoping that I could use an awl and punch a hole in the spine, but it was too easily torn. If I want to go that route, I think I will have to add a grommet to stop any tearing. The one inch books are too small, though, so for that I will have to go to a one and a half or two inch book.

I am still trying to come up with a plan to make these little books (Think Etsy!). A foolproof plan for the base of the books. I could then decorate them individually. It's a fine line between too thick and not thick enough.

So here's the first one. It's fastened with a velcro dot...



Remember the actually pages can slip out and a refill inserted.

This is the second...




This little book can be removed from the chain. I attached it with a lobster claw.

I'm experimenting with scrapbook paper. In order to keep the folds from tearing, I am attaching a clear piece of packing tape. It does give the book a richer flavor...and there is not tearing.

I actually have the inserts (The blank pages) down pretty well. It's the binder that I am experiencing with. I think I will sell them with one refill.

Next, to find tiny pencils. So far all I have found are golf pencils which are too big and a miniature colored pencil set which does cost quite a bit.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment...one of the reasons I came out here. Then laundry, packing, loading the SnowWhite for an early morning take off on Wednesday.

That's if for today...
Thanks for stopping in...
Talk to you later...