Friday, February 16, 2018

APPLIQUE & CHALLENGES


I spent the entire day working on my applique piece. All the pieces are now sewn unto the background fabric. I have even added some bling. And it really looks good...

Here's a closeup of the gold braid around the peacock tail...

The background fabric is a constant color more like the closeup rather than the top photo. But, I took these at night and the color always changes.

I am going to add a bead for the peacock eye and I may add a few beads to the tail.  I was thinking about outlining the leaves with a fine gold thread as well as put in leaf veins but I haven't really decided about that yet.

I do like the way this piece is coming together. I may even try a few more applique projects.

I am keeping up with my challenges. Here's the One Little Tag Challenge. The theme this week is music...

I am spending a few more minutes on each tag. In this set, I used stamps, chalk, gel pens, markers and trim.

I am still focusing on small fabric collages for the Project 365 Something Challenge...


Well, snow tomorrow which means the trip is cancelled one more time! It will be summer before we actually get to celebrate Christmas together...

Enjoy your weekend...
Thanks for stopping by...
See you on Monday...