Tuesday, March 13, 2018

ANOTHER ONE..., BAKING & FELTED CREATION FINISHED


'And another one bites the dust...' (times four!!!)

So, today was another nor'easter that really wasn't. Clouds, a little bit of rain, a little bit of snow, a little bit of wind and finally sunshine!

I felt a little bit like baking!!! So I made some pumpkin muffins...

And some refrigerator cookies. By that I mean that I made the cookie dough myself, rolled it out and kept it in the refrigerator until I felt like having a few cookies around. These are called Depression Brown Sugar Cookies, not too sweet and a bit crunchy with a soft inside...

Unlike the two kitties who decided to sleep away most of the day...that is when they weren't annoying each other...
(By the way, that afghan they are sleeping on is 47 years old...really. It was the first afghan my husband every made. The pattern was broomstick lace and it washes up beautifully. It is the only afghan that has lasted that long and looks that great!!!

As I said, unlike the kitties, I worked all day finishing up the felted piece. I started out with this piece...

Began adding beads...

And here it is finished...

A couple close-ups...


I wish everyone could see it in person. It simply shimmers in the light. I also decided to go with red because I thought the red brought out the lightness in the background.  Next I will mount it on a 12 by 12 canvas.

Then I have decide which of the two pieces to put in the show, unless they let us put in more than one. I'll let you know later which one goes in.

Have you adjusted to the new time?  I haven't. Wish we would pick one and just stay with it.

That's all for today...
Thanks for spending a few minutes here...
Talk with you tomorrow...