Monday, March 12, 2018

ANOTHER NOR'EASTER, SNOW AND PROGRESS ON CREATIVE VENTURES

Well, I can always hope...as we are getting ready for our third nor'easter!! On the way home from fishing, we realized that much was closed in Paramus...no electricity!!!

The end of last week was spent house hunting again...east of the Hudson. More successful than the last outing, we found several homes that we liked. A couple of them required four-wheel drive so that may be a minus.

Yesterday, we went fishing at five...really four because of the time change...no one caught anything but we were able to practice casting both with regular poles and with fly fishing poles. Friends thought we were a bit crazy but I think it's was no more crazy than ice fishing. Check out the snow...





I took the last photo because I loved the shape of the tree especially with the emphasis that the snow gave to certain branches.

On the creative front, I finished the small fabric containers. Here's a photo of the other fabric combination...

Well, actually I still have to sew on the buttons but they are cute...

And remember this...
It's wool roving attached to a piece of white felt.  I did sew it down using gold thread. First circular, second in spokes and finally free-motion.  I loved the results although it was difficult to iron it flat. I have now begun to add beads...
My plan is to continuing adding beads in a circular shape and then using long beads in lines weaving between the circles.

I first put this piece on a white piece of felt but thought the black background allowed it to stand out more. And I am apparently still drawn to small shiny things. I love the fact that the gold thread shimmers in the sunlight.

Thanks for stopping by...
Talk with you tomorrow...